A moan about Dido


Saturday 30th July

Nicholas gets us up at 4am. Elena brings him into our bed. Lots of kicking and turning. Nappy change and some milk later and he is fast asleep. Whereas I can't get back to sleep.

7am and I'm getting ready to go and do the weekly food shopping in Sainsbury's.

Have breakfast and a cappuccino in Starbuck's reading The Times and The Sun. "Got the Bastards", says The Sun, as 5 arrests are made in London and Rome.

Listening to my i-pod shuffle while I shop is relaxing. But quite curious to have 50-Cent chanting in my ear: "I ain't that nigga' tryin' a holler 'cos I want some head,
I'm that nigga' tryin' a holler 'cos I want some bread"... while I try and pick out pears next to some old grannies, young mums and Jewish princesses.

Fast pace of modern life: I find myself buying iceberg lettuce that is already "cut and washed and ready to eat". I approve.

Copy and paste of my current play list: -

P.I.M.P. - 50 Cent
Tour de France 03 (live) - Kraftwerk
The Logical Song - Supertramp
Run On - Moby
Reach Out (I'll Be There) - Four Tops
We Come 1 - Faithless
Natural Blues - Moby
A New England - Kirsty McCall
Lift Me Up - Moby
Always On My Mind - Pet Shop Boys
Sand in My Shoes - Dido
How Soon Is Now - Tatu
I Feel Love - Donna Summer
Can't Hold Us Down - Christina Aguilera feat. Lil' Kim
Life for Rent - Dido
The Model (live) - Kraftwerk
The Gravel Pit - Wu-Tang Clan
Honey - Moby
Personal Jesus - Marilyn Manson
Ramp! (The Logical Song) - Scooter
One Step Too Far - Faithless feat. Dido
Tainted Love - Marilyn Manson
Computer World (live) - Kraftwerk
Five Get Over Excited - The Housemartins
You'll Never Walk Alone - Three Tenors
God Is a DJ - Faithless

I think Dido is the devil. But like the devil, she has all the best tunes.

I think I disapprove because her music is for people who don't actually like music.

And her fans are the sort of people who were social secretaries at university societies, and nowadays complain about technology, and wear black work shoes with jeans at weekends, and play golf and iron their handkerchiefs, and think Blade Runner is a good film, and arrange work events and insist that you have fun. And drink the blood of goats and children. And have read the Da Vinci code.

Comments

Popular Posts