A Wonderful Life: 1930 - 2005


There is a huge gap in our lives this week.

Uncle Nikephoros, my mother's brother passed away. He was 75. This is the notice we placed in The Times on 26 August, 2005.

He was part of our daily family life for 35 years. He was a priest, and he shared all our rites of passage, from school and growing up, through university, work, and marriage and children. He officiated at my wedding and baptised Nicholas.

He was a humble, quiet and wise man and hilarious. I think we have been laughing more than crying this week. The funeral is this Friday, and I think Camden Town will come to a stand-still.

He was a well read man and he was great company. His favourite films were: Guess Who's Coming To Dinner, West Side Story, and My Fair Lady.

Our grandchildren will be quoting his stories and his quips.

Comments

Popular Posts