Bad career advice

Those career advisers in school had it all wrong.

Instead of the usual stuff they kept banging on about, like engineering, law, IT, accountancy, medicine, science, teaching, and what have you, they should have just said "Sell children's clothing, then you can retire at 40".

I recently went to buy a coat for Nicholas. Normal winter coat, £29, very nice. Surrounding this normal winter coat, were racks and racks of branded children's winter coats, by Levi's (£59), and Timberland (£79). I started swearing as I headed for the tills.

I got annoyed at this designer attack on children, and on parents. Hook them young, make them brand-heads, and they will consume, and not think, for life.

Choice, shmoice.

And don't get me started on Playboy branded stationery in WH Smith's. That one is worth a letter. (Which I have since written and sent, plus one complaint I posted on the corporate social responsibility page of their web site).

Comments

Popular Posts