Dead man walking

blah
I generally give people the benefit of the doubt for a short while. Give them a chance to fuck up before coming to a conclusion. I gave Sven Goran Erikkson the benefit up until he fell for the fake Sheikh, and then I knew he was a fraud himself. Anyone so dim-witted and money hungry was not worth the paper he was written about in.

But.

With Steve McClaren, I knew he was a lame duck the moment he walked into the England manager's job.

The FA tried to get a world class manager and failed. There were some good names in the mix. Scholari, Capello, Wenger. I would have gone for Mourinho myself.

But after that, there were pygmies. Small minded English men of negligible talent. Line them up and give them their china tea cups to throw around to zero effect. Petty, provincial, imagination-starved, washed out, English mediocrities who deserve their bottom of the league status, or their pedestrian mid table status: Alardyce, Pardew, McClaren, Curbishley, Roeder.
blah
The cries that said "It has to be an Englishman", were not only ill-judged, they were also delusional. Bring back Graham Taylor. Or Howard Wilkinson.
blah
If I gave a shit, which I don't, I would say only one man can save England. And that man is Steve Coppell.

Comments

Popular Posts