Oxford Dictionary of Modern Quotations


Some new quotes on contemporary life from the latest edition: -

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. - Douglas Adams, British writer

If you want to lose weight, don't eat anything out of a bucket. - Billy Connolly Scottish comedian

I am past writing angst songs for kids. My angst is when I can't get my Porsche roof up and when I can't get my golf handicap down. - Alice Cooper American singer

I support gay marriage because I believe they have a right to be just as miserable as the rest of us. - Kinky Friedman American singer and writer

The email of the species is deadlier than the mail. - Stephen Fry British actor

At every party there are two kinds of people - those who want to go home and those who don't. The trouble is, they are usually married to each other. - Ann Landers US advice columnist

Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and, at the end, the Germans win. - Gary Lineker English footballer

A bikini is not a bikini unless it can be pulled through a wedding ring. - Louis Reard French designer

I shall tell you what made us what we were. We had this wonderful feeling that we were still part of the people. - Alan Ball English footballer and member of the 1966 World Cup team

I play all my country and western music backwards. Your lover returns, your dog comes back to life and you cease to be an alcoholic. - Linda Smith British comedian

Comments

Popular Posts