Roll on the new season: Luiz Felipe Scolari is in town

The real boss in the Scolari household is Olga, 58, his wife of 33 years: a biology graduate, trained teacher and, as an accomplished painter, an esteemed member of the San Diego Museum of Arts.

The Scolaris were childhood sweethearts who met when he was a petrol pump attendant and she a hotel maid.

When asked why he had not watched a recorded England match, he replied: "I have a tape of it but I won't be watching it when I get to my house. I want to see my wife – if you know what I mean."

When his Portugal captain Luis Figo headbutted Holland's Mark van Bommel during the 2006 World Cup , the boss leapt to the defence of his skipper: "Jesus said we should turn the other cheek. Unfortunately, Figo is not Jesus Christ."

When his contract with Chelsea is up, he will be a very rich man indeed. Big Phil is to be paid round about £21m over four years.

Comments

Popular Posts