Friends Reunited

blah








blah


blah
An old school friend who I haven't seen in 9 years came across this blog and got in touch with me.

It was great to talk and catch up. I looked at my mobile phone after we finished chatting and it said 58:23. An hour's worth to catch up on the years.

He lives in Sheffield. We agreed to meet up when he next comes to London. He became a parent just over a year ago and is getting into that domestic swing.

He was a music buff and was in a couple of bands in his time. He even cut a record, and was in the local paper. I think there were 4 songs on the record, if I remember. The songs were called "Finchley" and "Radioland" and I forget the other ones.

At school, we shared a love of Kraftwerk, The Police, Depeche Mode, Ultravox, Visage, Jean-Michel Jarre, Human League, Orchestral Manoevres in the Dark, Soft Cell, Japan and the Sex Pistols.
blah
He was always pissed off that 'Vienna' by Ultravox was kept off the Number 1 spot in the charts by 'Shaddap You Face' by Joe Dolce.
blah
All I can say is - the market doesn't lie. Looking back, I think 'Vienna' is a shit song. Dated, pretentious, meaningless tosh. Whereas 'Shaddap You Face' is just brilliant. I saw an interview with Joe Dolce a few months ago, and he said he got all the lyrics verbatim from dinner time banter with his Italian relatives.
blah
Then again, I quite like The Cheeky Girls and Girls Aloud, so who am I to judge.

Comments

Popular Posts